Self-care has never been more important, and this February Abama will offer its take on a wellness retreat, with our first Abama Wellness Week.
From February 22nd to 28th, we have planned a variety of activities and delightful surprises designed to bring body and mind into balance for our residents and guests. You’ll enjoy the soothing peace of Abama’s tranquil setting as you play sport, practice yoga, and restore your body with nutrients and relaxing massage featuring natural therapies.
We are fortunate at Abama to be accompanied by seasoned professionals, including Martín Berasategui’s gourmet team at Melvin restaurant and our in-house personal trainer, Raquel González. We are also hosting a special guest this February: yoga professional Xuan Lan, who is one of the most popular practitioners in Spain. She will be offering an exclusive online class during this wellness retreat for Abama owners and guests staying at Las Terrazas de Abama.
The full schedule of activities and offers is below, and we encourage you to join us for this wonderful opportunity to focus on yourself and your wellbeing. If you are unable to join us on Tenerife, you can visit our Abama Wellness YouTube channel for the recorded Pilates sessions from your current location.
As we add more activities and options for our wellness retreat, we will update this post, so check back over the coming week for more offers. We are delighted to be able to ring in the new year with this focus on health and wellness, and we hope that you will join us for Abama Wellness Week!
Abama Wellness Week Activities
- A healthy smoothie offered on the Las Terrazas Pool Bar menu
- Sampling of Alma de Canarias products in The Gourmet Room at Las Terrazas. Please book 24 hours in advance at the Las Terrazas reception desk.
- Nutrient-rich massage with Canary Islands avocado oil, carried out in your home or room. The price for an individual massage is 80€ for Las Terrazas guests and 75€ for Abama owners. Please book 24 hours in advance by calling +34 628 337 635.
- Restoring massage with Canary Islands aloe vera oil, carried out in your home or room. The price for an individual massage is 80€ for Las Terrazas guests and 75€ for Abama owners. Please book 24 hours in advance by calling +34 628 337 635.
- Custom at-home Pilates, personal training or yoga sessions in your home or room. The price for an individual fitness session is 75€. Please book 24 hours in advance by calling +34 628 337 635.
- A special birdwatching tour in the Teide National Park with an official Tenerife guide and ornithologist. There are two possible starting times every day, but the tours will only happen if a given day and start time meets the requirements for the number of attendees. More information in this document. Please book at least 48 hours in advance by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +34 686 319 035 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday – 9:00-9:45h
- Complimentary Pilates class with personal trainer Raquel González of Raquel Training, which will be held at Las Terrazas’ Swimming Pool 2. Please book 24 hours in advance by calling +34 628 337 635.
- Complimentary introductory Tennis class at 11:00h. Please book on or before the 22nd of February by emailing email@example.com.
- Local farm La Calabacera, which produces delightful organic fruit and vegetables year round, has prepared two special baskets, one of fruit and one of vegetables, that you can order and have delivered to your accommodation or home on Wednesdays. Please place your order or or before the 22nd for delivery on Wednesday the 24th, or by the 29th of February for delivery on the 3rd of March. Get more details in this document.
- Visiting yoga guru Xuan Lan and chef Diego Dato of Melvin restaurant have prepared a special healthy menu in honor of her visit. This menu will be offered as a complement to the regular Melvin menu on Wednesday for the dinner meal.
Thursday – 11:00h
- Complimentary introductory golf class. Please book on or before the 22nd of February by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday – 11:00h Canary Islands/12:00h Central Europe